- The final scores of assignments and bonus Problems has been uploaded. It can be downloaded from "Homeworks".
- We've uploaded the new list of assignment scores in "Homeworks".
- The problem set 6 has been uploaded. Note that it's not compulsory and its score is rather than assignment scores. You can deliver your solution until Saturday (6 July 2014).
- Please note that the due time is changed. We will be Sunday (Tir 8) 11am in Rezakhani's office. You can deliver us your solutions.
- The list of assignment scores has been uploaded in "Homeworks".
- Due time for bonus problems and any other problems is Tir 7.
- Bonus problem's due time and assignment/quiz scores will be announced tomorrow (1 Tir).
- Problem set 5 has been uploaded.
- Deadline of problems set 4 has been changed. It's due time is Thursday 30 Ordibehesht.
- problems set 4 has been uploaded. It's due time is Sunday 28 Ordibehesht.
- You can download problems set 3. It's due time is Sunday 14 Ordibehesht.
- problems set 2 has been uploaded. It's due time is Sunday 24 Farvardin
- problems set 1 has been uploaded. please notice it's due time is Sunday 11 esfand
Dr. Ali Rezakhani
Weekly schedule/venue: Sat. — Mon., 10:30am — 12:30pm, Lecture Hall 3
Faraj Bakhshinezhad (firstname.lastname@example.org) ,
The final list of students can be downloaded from here.
- Homework is due Sunday and no delays will be accepted!
- Please note that you should only hand in the solutions to the homework questions. Problems under the Excercise section are for preparing you for the quizes.
- The place you are supposed to hand in your assignments is your class venue at Ph.3.
- Answers to bonus questions/problems should also be handed in to your TA. Please indicate clearly that this is for a bonus question/problem (bonus questions should be solved individually).
- Pop quizzes will be prevalent during this semester, and they count in your final grade. It is thus advisable that you be prepared every session.
- The maximum grade of bonus questions is 2/20.
- To be eligible to obtain your assignment/quiz scores, you need to obtain at least 50% of your midterm and final exmas' scores combined.
Required Texts :
- Statistical Mechanics Third Edition, R. K. Pathria
Recommended Texts :
- A Modern Course in Statistical Physics, L. E. Reichl
- Thermal and Statistical Physics, H. Gould & J. Tobochnik
- Statistical Physics: An Introductory Course, D. J. Amit & Y. Verbin
- Statistical Physics I: Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics, M. Toda, R. Kubo & N. Saito
- Thermodynamics and an Introduction to Thermostatistics, H. B. Callen
- Statistical Physics, Third Edition, Part 1: Volume 5, L. D. Landau, E.M. Lifshitz
- Statistical Mechanics: A Set Of Lectures, R. P. Feynman
- Statistical Physics: An Advanced Approach with Applications, J. Honerkamp
- Thermodynamics: An advanced course with problems and solutions, R. Kubo
- Concepts in Thermal Physics, S. J. Blundell & K. M. Blundell
- Tempreture, A. Smorodinsky
News and Announcements
- Midterm Exam: 24 April 2014 (4 Ordibehesht) at 10:00 Midterm's Solution
- Final Exam: 14 June 2014 (24 Khordad) at 15:00